This one day course will look at the Stage demands for teaching mathematics. A refresher of Stage appropriate content for teachers moving between stages or an introduction to teachers new to S1.
Important relevant stage syllabus outcomes – looking at what comes before and where we are going!
- Build understanding and fluency in maths concepts – key ideas
- Linking mathematical ideas and using written and mental strategies to solve problems.
- Formative assessment examples in Mathematics
- The balance between formative and summative assessments to drive teaching and student groups.
- Differentiating content within the stage
- Backward mapping lessons
- Simple classroom resources with many uses – stage appropriate – developing a kit with essential dice, double sided counters, number lines, tens frames etc]